Saturday, February 09, 2013

God's Love Heals- A Marriage Restored!

   With February known as the "love month", we know that there are countless relationships that could use a love boost. Without God's perfect love as found in a relationship with His Son Jesus Christ, it is impossible to love as we were created to. He loves us with "unfailing love" and it's the "Lord's faithfulness that endures forever." (Psalm 117:2 NLV)  

     In honour of Valentines week, we want to take the time to pray for all relationships... paying particular attention to the sanctity of marriage! We believe that Jesus came to restore people and relationships. Robin and Ginger Siemens share their faith story "Life Together, A Marriage Restored!"(as shared at the WJOF Alive Conference in Saskatoon November 2012)

Quotes and verses from Robin and Ginger's talk:
  • "The thief comes to rob, kill, steal and destroy. I have come that they may have life and have it to the full." John 10:10
  • Confronting secrets, confessing sins brings freedom.
  • "For the first time in my life, I became willing to surrender my entire life under the will  and care of God.. this meant surrendering all of my future,  my wife, my marriage and my secrets that I vowed I'd take to the grave. I began to write out a list of where I have offended Ginger...God, I need to be right with you...I trust You, but I'm afraid... but I know You'll be with me..."- Robin
  • You can't have intimacy without honesty
  • "Recovery has taken time and a lot of work... Jesus healed  my heart"- Ginger
  • "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, for he has anointed me to bring Good News to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim that captives will be released that the blind will see, that the oppressed will be set free, and that the time of the Lord's favour has come." Luke 4:18-19/Isaiah 61:1-2
  • "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." Hebrews 13:8 
  •  Jesus is faithful, even when everyone around us is not
  • "He wants to heal your heart, no matter what it is that is hurting you... past relationships, poor choices, abuse, brokenesss, He wants to heal you- but you must turn to Him and let Him."- Ginger
  •  There is hope for every marriage as long as both people are willing to do the work and surrender to God....Choose healing, choose Jesus.  
  • "Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed." James 5:16 
   It goes without saying, but there is a battle going on for marriages today! No matter what the issues are, what hidden secrets or sins men and women harbour, Jesus came to set the captives free! We at Women's Journey of Faith are committing to pray for restoration of all! Would you join us?


p.s.  If you need someone to talk to, or could use some prayer and encouragement in your marriage relationship, connect with us online. A mentor is ready to come alongside you and discuss your concerns in a safe place.


For photos from the WJOF conference, and more of Ginger's story visit WJOF on our website or our facebook timeline!

No comments: