As we see in the media today, there are many in the world who get honoured because of the family they were born into, the works they have done, or because they have some special gift or talent that causes people to admire and look up to them. However, as believers and followers of Jesus Christ, I want to challenge us to be a people who honour Him above all and also become vessels of honour in His kingdom!
Honour (definition) means Heaviness or Glory
Hebrew (Old Testament): A person who is honored is regarded as being weighty or as amounting to something.
Greek (New Testment): Esteem, value, preciousness.
We, as believers are called first and foremost to honor God. In our western culture, we have lost the true understanding of honour and must reteach and retrain ourselves how to truly honor God.
God is the head of a kingdom, not a democracy! As Westerners, we often understand things from the point of view of a democratic society. Therefore, when we become Christians, we often bring this way of thinking into our religious beliefs. However, God doesn’t run a democracy, but a kingdom. Eastern cultures tend to understand this better and understand the true definition of honoring God.
By Giving Him Our lives!
Luke 9:23 Then he said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me.
Ways we can adjust our lives to become Honorable Vessels:
· Spend our lives helping others to get set free to serve the Lord
· Realize God created us to show His power through us.
· Don’t live for ourselves or promote ourselves, but serve in the body of Christ to see the power of the Lord work in us, through us, and out to others.
· Have soft hearts towards the Lord and others
· Be hungry for the presence of God
· Be humble
· Stay teachable- take correction from those who have laid down their lives for the Lord and learn from them.
· Listen to, obey, and serve God wholeheartedly
· Change our hearts, minds, attitudes, plans, time, talents, finances, and use them for the kingdom of God
· Allow God to rule our lives; not people, money, or other wants/desires
Vessel- Container, bowl, cup, something that can hold something.
Yours for His Honour, Glory, & Fame,