Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Paths unknown... leading- lighting-straightening!

I will lead them in paths they have not yet seen....

Our conference planning team met this past week
to report, pray and encourage one another in our
respective roles. Women from different walks of life:
(Admin assistant, TV anchor, Pastor's wives, artistic
directors, store manager, accountant...) different
church denominations: (Mennonite, Lutheran, Free-
Methodist, Pentecostal,etc) all gathering together
for one purpose. To use our gifts, time, talents,
experiences to host yet another WJOF event in
November. We opened up the meeting with a devotional from
Isaiah 42:16 which reads:

"I will bring the blind by a way they did not know; I will lead them in paths
they have not known. I will make darkness light before them, And crooked
places straight. These things I will do for them, And not forsake them."

With the conference less than 8 weeks away, this scripture is just jumping
off the pages for me. To wake us up a bit and do something a bit "different",
I led the team in a silent treck hiking on our property on the acreage and
up a little hill to reflect on this passage more. This passage speaks
Empowerement....... God's power for those who do not know Him yet-
AND His power for those who do- yet have so much more to experience.
Notice how the Word says "I will" 3 times. All we have to do is be good
listeners and followers and HE will do His Empowering work through us.

Ticket sales are at 632

No comments: