Sunday, September 27, 2009

100 Huntely Street Interview- Fear of God or Fear of man?




 
Journey friends-

They say that public speaking is perhaps the #1 fear people struggle with regardless if they are extroverts or introverts. I have been reflecting on this notion for years, especially when it comes to sharing one's faith. Whether it's one on one or in front of millions, we all tend to have a 'fear of people' rather than a healthy 'fear' of God. Hard to do when many of us struggle with being a people pleaser! For the unbeliever, the fear of God is fear of judgement and lives in fear because they don't know Jesus. For the believer in Christ, a healthy fear of God means a reverence for Him and a desire to follow Him daily.  

The Bible says in 1 Peter 3:14-16 " But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. "Do not fear what they fear; do not be frightened." But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience..." Since 1996, I have been compelled to share who Jesus is in my life and I have learned so much through my trials and errors. More importantly, to learn that my witness is through both my words and my actions. When it comes to speaking or sharing our faith, I am convinced that we are to take the above scripture seriously that we are always to be prepared to give an answer to give a reason for the hope we have. Recently, I travelled to 100 Huntley Street studios in Burlington Ontario for a scheduled interview which is being played this monday, Sept 28th.

http://crossroadstv.ca/television/huntley/upcoming-guests I was fully intending on sharing about Women's Journey of Faith and the "restoration of women" on the show, but the host wanted to focus primarily on my story of how I came to know Jesus. Yikes, with 2 minutes before the camera's were rolling- I had to shift gears and go in another direction. Realizing that things happen for a reason, I still go through fears of this world and apprehension of saying the wrong things and making mistakes! Well, another lesson in humility. God asks us to be ready and He doesn't ask us to be perfect, just willing to share of our lives and faith in Christ at any given moment. Why? Our stories make incredible inroads to those who don't know Christ Jesus yet. Seeds of faith planted in a human heart that may one day take root to a full blown faith and relationship with God. 

"They overcame him by the blood of the lamb (Jesus) and the word of their testimony..." Revelation 12:11 

Please pray that my story and the seeds of faith I planted on air tomorrow will take root in those viewers who could relate to my story. They say that it plays throughout Canada, in 14 million US homes and literally across the globe as they stream it on their website for weeks following. Fear God, not people, fear God, not people, fear God, not people- continues to be my motto when I step out and share my faith.  

How about you? 
Blessings,
Jodi (my knees are still shaking- smile)

No comments: