Saturday, January 30, 2010

Call upon Him 'in truth'....


 Dear friend on the journey-

Persevering to be faithful to the one who gives me breath......

Not an easy task with all the distractions and temptations around- wouldn't you agree? There is my solo time, my family time with husband and kids, the house that needs attention, pets, going to the gym, bills to pay, work, volunteer time, activities.... YIKES! 

Then I meditate on scripture like the one found in Psalm 145:

Psalm 145:17-19 
The LORD is righteous in all his ways 
and loving toward all he has made.
The LORD is near to all who call on him, 
to all who call on him in truth.
He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; 
he hears their cry and saves them.

When we persevere through all the roles and" to do lists", resting in God's love and nurturing ways- knowing He is near me as I call on Him, my heart is at peace. I am not superwoman, nor do I ever want to hail that claim to fame! Through this juggling season of multitasking, He fulfills me and gives me the strength I need to do all I am created to be. I like the words: 'call on him in truth'. He is the truth, we are asked to be authentic and come as we are-truthfully. Why? Because faking it just doesn't cut it with the Lord. When we are able to just 'BE', and allow Christ to rule in our hearts- wow. 

To read all of Psalm 145:

Loving the Journey,
Jodi Kozan
Women's Journey of Faith


*Interested in going through the Lisa Bevere "Nurture" book with WJOF, we will begin posting discussions related to it on our  Women's Journey of Faith facebook group site beginning  Feb 12.

To view our latest newsletter:
http://www.wjof.com/newsletter/10_Jan/ which highlights our "Sharing the Journey Seminar on April 17th 2010 at TCU Place Saskatoon- To register, visit our website



1 comment:

Messenger International said...

So proud of you! It's great to hear you'll be going through "Nurture"! We're honored to be walking alongside you...

Visit our blog @ www.MessengerInternational.blogspot.com!