Monday, February 16, 2009

Sharing the Journey session leader: Rebecca Baerg (Worship Dance)














Q: When you hear the words, Love Without Limits- what comes to mind?
I guess when I hear "Love Without Limits" the first thing that comes to mind is the scripture from Ephesians 3:17b-18.
"And I pray that you , being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide, and long and high and deep is the love of Christ." It would seem that if I am going to have a difficult time grasping it, His love must be massive, or limitless.
My question is, how could He do it? My love definitely has limits. The only hope I have to even slightly grasp this kind of love or give this kind of love is by the Holy Spirit. Galatians 5 tells us that the fruit of the Spirit is love... Could it be that simple? When I am so full of the Spirit and emptied of my fleshly desires the fruit will be love. Maybe even limitless love.

Q. How will women grow "in love" by attending your session at STJ March 14th:
It would be my hope that people participating in my session would be able to experience at least two things. First, that they would explore showing their love to their Lord through movement. Psalms 149 tells us to 'praise his name with dancing'. The second would be that they may have a God encounter unlike they ever have before. That they would leave the conference with a new found 'freedom' through movement that takes them to and through realms of Glory.

Q. What do you like to do for fun?
 Unfortunately I was just asking myself the same question the other day. I had five kids in five and a half years and fun = sleep. Now the youngest two are four and I am managing to catch my breath a bit. I actually have had a few moments to myself in the last month and really did not know what to do. I have rediscovered the bath tub (instead of a high speed shower), facebook (yes Jodi I am finally on), a comfy prayer chair and board games with the kids. However, I am definitely open to suggestions. If you are coming to the conference I would love some new ideas on how to have fun! (I tried going blonde for the summer but I can't say that I had more fun as a blonde.)

No comments: