Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sharing the Journey speaker: Marlynn Heagy / Session: Parenting



Q. What does the theme "Love Without Limits" mean to you? I will never be able to fully understand the limitless, unconditional love that God has for me, but as I grow deeper in my love relationship with Him I can begin to love others the way God would want me to. How exciting! His love for me is so deep, so high and so wide that I will never be able to fully comprehend it. What a gift that love is!

Q. How will women grow in "Love" during your session at Sharing the Journey?
One of the most important things that we as moms want our kids to know is how much we love them - we want our children to feel loved. We love them so deeply, but this doesn't necessarily mean that our kids 'feel' loved. In this session, we will be discussing the five different love languages and be challenged to love our kids in such a way that our words and actions shout love to them.

Q. Outside of your passion to speak, what do you like to do for fun?
Fun has always been a big word for me. I really do like to have fun. I love hanging out with my husband and three kids, especially at the lake on a hot, summer day. I love having friends over or going out with friends to chat and laugh together. I love doing activities outside like waterskiing, down-hill skiing, running, walking, biking, hiking, skating. I love going on holidays, especially somewhere hot and sunny and with a beach. I really enjoy working in my backyard planting and tending to my flowers and other yard work. I can hardly wait for summer!

No comments: