Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sharing the Journey (March 14th) Keynote Speaker: Connie Cavanaugh

We asked three questions to our keynote speaker Connie Cavanaugh (as well as our break out session speakers) for us to get to know her better before our "Sharing the Journey" seminar: "Growing in Love" at TCU Place Saskatoon on Saturday March 14th.

Q. When you hear the phrase "Love Without Limits", what comes to mind?
What comes to mind is, "I wish I could do it!" But if I'm honest I'll admit that love without limits is way beyond me. My love is limited by all sorts of things: fear of rejection, insecurity, risking betrayal, being vulnerable . . . I'm limited by my humanity. Love without limits is divine. It's Jesus; His perfect life in exchange for my pitiful one.

Q. How will women Grow in Love in your sessions?
 The more I get to know God, the more I love Him. My love grows each time He reveals Himself to me anew. I believe God, through the Holy Spirit, will reveal Himself to women as we spend time together in His Word and this encounter will cause their love to grow.

Q. What do you like to do for fun
? The most fun thing is playing outside with my grandkids. Next on the list are: Hot baths, good books, long ski runs, sunny beaches, mountain hikes, funny movies, food someone else cooks, and hockey games where my team wins (but just barely), these are my favorite things.

No comments: