Monday, June 10, 2013

Psalm 78: 1-8 "Becoming His" guest blog post/Faith Stories

O my people, listen to my instructions.  Open your ears to what I am saying, for I will speak to you in a parable.  I will teach you hidden lessons from our past—stories we have heard and known, stories our ancestors handed down to us.” (Psalm 78: 1-3 NLT)

   Do you ever read through old testament passages just floored by the fact that God’s chosen people would forget, forsake or flippantly ignore God’s commands?  I know I have.  However, it doesn’t take long to be reminded that we too fall prey to spiritual eyes and ears being closed. It’s one thing to hear about God’s truth, it’s quite another to appropriate it in our lives. Otherwise, it becomes just a story and not a revelatory life changing reality.  Teaching and testimony go hand in hand.

The apostles knew the importance of hearing and experiencing God’s Word as found in a relationship with Jesus Christ.  Peter and John were arrested and put before the religious leaders in the council and asked to stop preaching about Jesus,  of which they boldly replied: “We cannot stop telling about everything we have seen and heard!” (Acts 4:20 NLT)   Oh, I can just imagine the Holy Spirit adrenaline pouring forth from those two men of faith just aching for all to come to know what they knew deeply from the core!  Continue reading... 

To read more of this entry, visit Joanna Weaver's blog: "Becoming His: Thru the Word" for June 10th  2013 

No comments: