"It’s normal for women today to have the mindset, “I am woman—hear me roar!” But this model didn’t work for Eve, it hasn’t worked for the feminist movement, and it won’t work for you and me. After completing week six in True Woman 101, watch this twenty-minute conversation between authors Nancy Leigh DeMoss, Mary Kassian, and their friends as they discuss how to find true fulfillment and joy—in God’s design for us as women." -TW101
Key Scriptures for this weeks lesson: Ephesians 4:26-27, 31,32, Hebrews 12:15, James 1:20, Proverbs 5:5-6, Proverbs 9: 1-6, 10, 13-18, Proverbs 8:32-36, Proverbs 8:11, 1 Peter 3:4-6
A note from Jodi: Our vision for WJOF is “the Restoration of Women”… sometimes, we can be confused or associated with an ‘ultra feminist movement’ if one doesn’t have a clear understanding of what we mean by restoration…
- Restoration is described as: the action of returning something to a former owner, place, or condition: the process of repairing or etc., so as to restore it to its original condition: the reinstatement of... a model or drawing representing the original form.
What did Jesus come to restore women (and men) to? When reviewing the first 5 lessons in this study, it is evident there is a battle going on and scripture is clear as to why. There is no denying it, women have been held back, and oppressed and abused in many arenas since the fall of mankind. Yet miraculously and fundamentally, we believe Jesus came to restore us back to God, which includes His original intent of why He created us women in the first place! The women’s movement, or extreme feminism did pick up the injustices over the centuries and retaliated big time. Like anyone held in slavery, captivity or bondage, the cork is going to pop at some point. I am grateful for this study as it addresses restoration and women’s empowerment from a balanced/biblical/ freedom giving perspective. I too sang the Helen Reddy’s song “I am Woman Hear me Roar” in my formative years at the top of my lungs in grade school. It’s one thing to be proud of your womanhood, it’s quiet another to use it to usurp and manipulate others in the process of seeking freedom… Little did I know the subtle lies and deception the feminist movement had on my life until the Holy Spirit revealed it to me over the years. I think I should consider writing my own song lyrics to reflect the heartbeat of this week’s lesson and move from “Roaring” to “Soaring!”
“those who have hope in the lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40:31
Highlights from this week’s study:
- “Girls Rule- Boys Drool”- Current ideas about womanhood are based on faulty premises of the philosophy of feminism
- “Girls Gone Wild Effect”- Culture’s ideal for womanhood stands in direct opposition to God’s ideal.
- “The Dinner Party”- Lady Wild and Lady Wise are both extending invitations for you to dine at their tables.
- “Smart Girls Get More”- Smart girls now that the place to get true knowledge, freedom and joy is in a relationship with Christ.
- “A Taste for It”- True Womanhood requires overcoming fear and developing a taste for godliness.
Mary Kassian Is joining us at our “Wisdom” conference on November 1-2 this fall in Saskatoon. She co-authored this study with Nancy Leigh DeMoss. Check out their TW101 website for more videos and downloads to expand on this topic! We’d love to hear from you on this topic including the discussing questions below.