Wednesday, October 09, 2013

"Rain, cereal, and wisdom calling out" by guest blogger, Malynda Zacharias



Sharing the Journey with our guest speaker, Malynda Zacharias. Wisdom is our continuing theme this year as we prepare for our upcoming conference on November 1-2, and we are encouraged to listen to the voice of wisdom calling out in today's post. Have a look and enjoy!




Honest, tasty, and real. It was on the cereal box this morning, right there in front of me. The money advertisers spend in market research only to find out what we’ve known along, they spend fruitfully. It’s right there in the fruit and nuts. Find out what people are looking for, hoping for, and then put it down in lime green letters, put it right on the box. 

It’s a mirror to the soul, it echoes what we once knew but have somehow forgotten, lost, misplaced...

...buried?

“Are these dishes clean?” my son reaches for one in the pile. Twelve and strong, he’s growing hungry. “So which ones are the dirty ones?”   Souls and words rubbing together around our home today. Feels like simple living. Talking around the dishes. Bumping into each other. 

Casual and intimate. Hmm...

Even though it’s raining out, we are warm and dry.

It’s easy to get caught up in the mess, the toppling laundry, the bills to pay, the schedules to manage, the deadlines to meet. I get lost in the spidery layers that I’m trying to manage. I feel lost amidst spinning, bouncing, and dropping balls. 

I drop into bed with tired feet on more nights than I can keep track of!


Honest and tasty and real tastes pretty good right now. Homey and close. 

And when I’m bent out of shape, can I still be shaped by His story? 

Sometimes I act like I don’t know how. 

I can’t hear past the decibels between 6 am and 11 pm. And I can’t see past the dishes, dust and deadlines. 


It’s cloudy and dull outside today. 

And then, just as the sudden warm glowing patch that shines on the living room wall tells me the sky has broken, wisdom calls out.  Calls out right in the midst of it all. 

My iPhone told me it was to rain all day. It’s what I had come to expect. 

I have called out, I have cried out, but have I expected or have I neglected to hear wisdom call out to me?

 “Out in the open wisdom calls aloud
She raises her voice in the public square. 
On the top of the wall she cries out.” (Proverbs 1:20)

Wisdom cries out? She raises her voice?

Like the surprise of a break in forecasted weather,  in case I thought I was lost, misplaced, or buried, It shows up. And it is loud. 

How God takes care of us! We search and we seek. And all the while we are being sought after.  

In the midst of the every day. Clear and loud. 

When I am bent out of shape, can I be shaped by His glory?

“For wisdom will enter your heart and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.” (Proverbs 2:10)

A soul filled with the knowledge of God is full of pleasantries and a soul filled with such pleasantries is no doubt shaped to His glory, by His glory. 

How near you are to us O Lord, and how dear. 

So then, let it interrupt my life! Call out to me, will you, Wisdom, and I will turn my ear. Enter my heart, then, and bend and shape it. 

Because if it’s what we desire, can we think of anything more honest, tasty or real than a life that begins, responds to and is willingly interrupted by a God who calls out to us? To us? To me...to you.  If it be so...

Let us keep an ear turned. Let us sit on the edge of our seats ready and waiting for the glory-interruptions, the wisdom-surprises...right in the midst of everyday living. 

And let us, in wisdom, willingly crawl from under “the stuff” of life to stand in the full beam of the infallible word of God, as it presses itself deep and shines patches of light on the very walls of our hearts.  I think we shall all be stopped in our tracks now and then, if not for the shaping of our souls, then for the glory that shines through them...
Malynda lives in Winnipeg, Manitoba with her husband and her young children where she is loving life! She is excited to embark on another faith adventure with us here at Women's Journey of Faith:) The founder of BUGirl, she has imparted valuable lessons through her mentorship program and has since passed the baton to another at Family Life Network and it continues to experience great success in the lives of young women.
She is one of our recommended speakers for Women's Journey of Faith and we look forward to hearing more from her as she steps out more through her writing, speaking and musical journey!

To learn more about Women's Journey of Faith, our upcoming conference and other recommended speakers click here: WJOF





1 comment:

Cheap 1300 Numbers said...


Amazing post! Some low priced internet have a slow internet acess not just like in our Internet Australia it is very fast and reliable.