Wednesday, October 02, 2013

"Wisdom In Grieving" by guest blogger, Yvonne St. Germaine

     Sharing God's wisdom for the journey!  We are excited to hear from Yvonne St. Germaine, one of our recommended speakers. She reveals her heart and the wisdom she's gained in dealing with the grieving and suffering spirit. Enjoy!


  Tansi, (hello)

      Well I must admit this is my first blog ever! (lol) It's exciting to step out in faith, at the same time challenging to share my heart in just so many words. Then again, Jesus did it in just three words on the Cross ~ "IT IS FINISHED".  Wow! If we meditate on that alone, it is full of power and wisdom. Amen!

Ok here I go, 
Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” (NKJV)

I have been working with First Nation communities for the past seven years.  My heart is burdened for our people who are suffering in major pain of grieving. I know this includes all nationalities, but where the Lord has me now is where my heart cries out. Our First Nations are losing our next generation to suicide in a domino effect.

  I was in a northern resort community in Ontario for a weekend Church service. In the middle of the night, around 2 am, there was banging on the door where all guests resided. It was the leadership asking us all to meet at the local band office. We were given the news that two teens had a disagreement and without hesitation, one was murdered. He was only 15 years old!

Being a mom of three boys, all I could hear was the depth of pain in the mothers cry. She was so weak she couldn’t stand. It took everything out of her. The tragedy took me to my knees crying out for her in prayer. As a mother I couldn’t even begin to imagine the brokenness in her spirit, mind, body and soul! 

  The next day we went to her house to offer prayer and support. “Lord, what words can I possibly say to bring any sort of comfort to this family?”  The Lord closed my mouth and extended my arms to hold her and just cry with her. We simply wept together. I was the only one she would respond to.

Romans 12:15 “Rejoice with those who rejoice and to weep with those who weep.”  

  She received the invitation to come to church that evening. That night, we ministered Salvation and she and her family accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior, along with a gym full of youth! Amen!

God is truly the only one who understands every part of our lives. He understands what it is like to lose a child. He understands that brokenness and pain. 

John 3:16  “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life”. (NKJV)

How do we speak life and wisdom to those in this state of spiritual grief? From my experience, sometimes there are just no words. God’s greatest commandment is “LOVE”. God used me to show His love. 



Yvonne St. Germaine was called out of darkness in 2006 and has been ministering to people of all nations ever since. Her heart cries for the First Nation people here in Canada. 
 "This has been a step in faith but my Lord has called me to be an Evangelist for Him. He has put a burden on my heart for my Aboriginal people. My travels take me to many secluded communities where there is so much poverty, hurt and loneliness. There is missionary work to be done right here in our Aboriginal Communities." 
She is an accomplished Gospel artist who travels all over singing and preaching about Jesus. She has three sons and they are her treasure! 

To learn more: Yvonne St. Germaine 

Also, we'd love for you to come check us out at: WJOF. Thanks so much for reading, we hope you enjoyed and learned something new today! Stay tuned for next week's blog and see you then. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful woman of God! Yvonne's music has been a source of healing to many. Prayers go with you Yvonne as you go to these secluded communities to tell our First Nations people about the Love of our Lord Jesus Christ!